Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This One Goes Out To Thelma

The other day, I met a bear,
With tennis shoes, a dandy pair.

He looked at me, I looked at him,
He sized me up, I sized up him.

He said to me, "Why don't you run?,
I see you ain't, got any gun."

So I did run, away from there,
and right behind, me came that bear.

Ahead of me, I saw a tree,
A great big tree, oh golly-gee.

The only branch, was 10 feet up,
I'd have to jump, and trust my luck.

And so I jumped, into the air,
But I missed that branch, away up there.

Now don't you fret, and don't you frown,
'Cause I caught that branch, On the way back down.

The moral is, no shocking news,
Don't talk to bears, in tennis shoes.

That's all there is, there ain't no more,
Unless I meet, that bear once more.

The end, The end, The end, The end,
The end, The end, The end, The end.

4 comments:

Rebecca Shirley, LMT said...

You're great Ed. You can't help but love her even more for dressing up in a clown suit just for you!!! She's my hero :-)

Anonymous said...

I haven't thought of that song for quite awhile, but you could not have brought back a better memory of Thelma. She was the dearest person, and I remember having such fun with her those first few years after Dad and I were married.

One time, Thelma and I were late to the first Turkey-Rama ever. We had stayed at Eva's taking care of all the children, including you, Eddy, and getting all of you to bed - Grandma Warner stayed at Eva's after the two of us left. Thelma and I had SUCH a good time finding everyone when we finally got to Turkey-Rama, mostly because everyone there had been drinking for quite awhile . . . except us, of course. We laughed so hard, and when we finally caught up with our group it was even funnier. We ended up laughing about that night for years and years to come.

I'm so very glad Thelma was at your graduation party. That memory will be one of my most very treasured memories of her. Thanks for doing this for her, and for the rest of us, Eddy. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow Ed,
Your tribute brings back such touching memories for so many of us. The recent photo has also captured her amazing spirit and originality. Thank you for posting this! Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being you Eddy. Just to let you know, we did sing the bear in tennis shoes at the dinner after her memorial. Brian Hillman's girls even brought their bear in tennis shoes to the service to be displayed up front!
Love to you all, see you soon.
Aunt Maryann