Sunday, June 17, 2012

Out of the Desert and into the Sun

We leave tomorrow for our big adventure. We couldn't be more excited about this trip for a number of reasons. 

First, we've been doing a lot for a while that has been good, but has come at the expense of family time. Before we become stuck looking back and lamenting time spent progressing as time we should have been spending together, we're going to spend some real quality time together as a family.

Then there's missing out on the summer heat. Granted, we're not going to be coming back to cool weather, but I'll take all the summer away from Arizona I can get.

And finally, this is the first time in a long time that we've had the opportunity to reconnect with our families. Being able to see the folks in Montana for a respectable amount of time then doing the same in Seattle is like a dream come true. This is especially true when time is working against loved ones. 

If you have an opportunity, think of us every once in a while and send some positive thoughts our way.  I know we're going to be doing the same for all of our loved ones.


One of my favorite bands was a Phoenix band called The Format.  One of my favorite lines of theirs is, "It's time to get out of the desert and into the sun."

Indeed.

3 comments:

Mom / Grandma Bug said...

That is a very, very interesting picture. Wow . . . and I love what you wrote. Every bit of it. Believe me, everyone is looking forward to spending time with all of you, too. Your time together on this trip will be some of the best times of your life. I will be thinking of all of you every day and imaging the sights and talks and walks and joy of your days. I love you, Eddy, Carrie and Owen, I can't wait to see each you in July.

Love, Mom / Grandma Bug

Anonymous said...

Ed, Carrie and Owen.....may your travels be blessed. I love you all....can't wait to see you!

LOVE,
Becky

Katrina said...

We can't wait to see you guys. May your trip up be a journey of wonderful discoveries! See you soon. Love, Trina