Sunday, August 28, 2011

More Owenisms



  • Eyes are for seeing. A nose is for smelling. Ears are for hearing things. A tongue is for licking ice cream.


  • Momma, I love Niah. I want to get her a present. Hmmm... I'll get her a monster truck. She'll like that alot!


  • Grown-ups like coffee. Except for Grandma [Bennett]. She likes tea. Tea makes her tummy happy.


  • When I grow-up, I’m going to be a monster truck driver. I’ll have a big truck. I’ll open the door. I’ll sit down. I’ll drive fast and I’ll crush cars!


  • Remember when I was a baby and I ate mustard? And I squirted mustard everywhere? And it was all over my face? That was silly.


  • Hey Momma. Niah has a baby brother. Miles has a baby brother. I don’t have a baby brother. That okay. Niah has a dog. Miles has a dog. I don’t have a dog. Will you buy me a dog?


  • Ed: "Owen! Are you chasing the cat? Be nice to her." Owen: "No daddy – we’re just playing hide-n-seek!"


  • Owen just got a pair of light-up shoes that he absolutely loves. Carrie just got a painting of John Lennon. Owen is dancing around in his shoes when he stops to ask her who was in the painting. She explains it's John Lennon. Owen proceeds to say, "Do you think John Lennon would like my shoes? Maybe the lights would make him dance!"


  • Preschool teacher: "Hey Owen - who packs your lunch?" Owen: "My momma does. She's my best friend. I love her." Preschool teacher: "I've never met your mom, only your dad." Owen: "Yeah. My mom is nice. Just like my dad!"

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Owen is getting so big. Wow, as tall as Carrie already! (Just kidding Carrie- I know you're squatting.) That is a great pic of the proud duo. Love, Trina

Dad / HG said...

Wow, I was especially touched by the John Lennon dancing comment.
Out of the mouths of babes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I personally have heard some Owenisms as well. :0) When Eddy and Owen drove me to the airport for my flight home, we drove by a pretty darn big dirt pile next to the entrance to the airport. Owen announced that this was where he would "go to work" when he grew up. Eddy asked him what he would do, and he confidently replied: "My drive trucks." Many smiles in the front seats that night.

Love to all, Mom / Grandma Bug