Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Day At The Gardens


We went to the Desert Botanical Gardens with Ron and Debby this weekend and got to have a nice little family outing.  It was cool and overcast (bad news for the Seattleites, good news for us) so we were okay having Owen out for a few hours.  It was a really fun trip; we got out of the house, which is always a good thing, and I guess the lighting was good for photography because every third person had a nice camera. 


This is a shot that I was particularly happy with.  I had already made up my mind that I liked our new camera, but now that I know that it can catch a hummingbird's wing mid-flap, I'm in love with it.  I have since taken pictures of other fast moving objects (I'm looking at you ceiling fan) and the camera laughs in the face of my stupid little tests.  



We're working on baby announcements and I put a little work into a few photos to see which one we want to use.  This little gem is one that didn't make the cut, but/so I wanted everyone to see it because 1) I put like an hour into it and 2) I like it a lot.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, look at those big blue eyes! And look at the beautiful crocheted blanket behind him . . . did Trina make that?

Hard to think there could be a better picture of him, but maybe . . . :0)

Much love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey, look at that picture of the three of you when you blow it up. I wonder if we could figure out a way to print that picture? It's really good of all of you (especially you, Carrie . . . you know, you are so beautiful . . .) Love to you all , Mom (Grandma Bug)