Friday, May 22, 2009

Dad Stuff

As Owen gets older he becomes more fun in the way that you imagine a kid will be fun when you haven't had one yet. When I was thinking of them being a baby, I was actually thinking of them when they're about a year old. I knew there would be a time when they would be helpless, but baby horses can walk after like 15 minutes, I figured you'd be able to roughhouse with a baby by three weeks or so. Not the case. But we are getting to the point where I can start doing the Dad stuff I had pictured, like having him on my shoulders. This is a fun stage; this is the stage I'm going to remember as him being a baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I was waiting for a little bit, so I wouldn't be the first one to write, but here goes. :0) This picture was so cool, Owen looks so grown-up - up there on Eddy's shoulders. Eddy looks a little different, too, after not shaving for a while. Look at those whiskers! And with such a close-up picture, Eddy, your eyes look very dark brown. You're a close match to Katrina and Dad now, I think.

These WILL be fun times for you guys to remember.