Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Good And The Stuff Of Nightmares

We meant to get these photos up right after we put up our last set from Bisbee, but our modem went down the other day and it has taken until today to get resolved. Here are some of our favorite scenes we saw around the random, random city called Bisbee.

The Good:

This was an awesome mosaic we would pass each time we went from our car to our place and it's full of fun little glass nick-nacks. If we could, we would try something like this. I don't think it's in the cards though.


Another tastefully (in our humble opinion) done mosaic found in the city.


This was on one of the walls in town. It reminded us of Bansky. We like Bansky.


Another fun Banskyesque stencil. She's flipping off a bobby on the other side of a pretty disheveled entryway.


This was one of our favorite little surprises. I'm not going to tell why we loved it, but I am going to say that you have to read the fliers.


Those are bottle caps.


A fun use of recycled materials.

The nightmare makers:

Creepiest. Park. Ever.


Even creepier than the park.


We were warned to watch out for tarantulas. This did not sit well with me. Carrie told me that during her time in Central America she found that they were actually pretty docile unless provoked so there wasn't really that much to worry about. As we were drinking some wine one night, we saw this. I understand I don't need to be worried about the tarantula, but I am going to get a little worried about the bug that just kicked the hell out of that tarantula and is dragging it home to eat it. That bug concerns me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to agree with you guys. Some of this was really interesting/cool and some of it WAS really creepy. Jack and I think we know what was really funny on the post-board, too. :0) ♂

Glad you guys had a strange and wonderful time . . . hopefully a little more wonderful than strange. Give Owen a huge hug from us (so's he'll know it's not one of the same ol' hugs he always gets from Mom & Dad). :0) Love, Mom & Jack

Anonymous said...

My vote is for the "Have you seen this cat..." flier.

Sounds like you guys had an excellent time.

Happy Birthday Ed!!

Love Shannon

Anonymous said...

I was on a (2 passenger) plane in Utah once, when a guy had a captured tarantula in a plastic tube. He told me all about the merits of a "pet" tarantula. YUK!!

I read all the flyers as you suggested... now I'm taking the risk that I will likely appear dumb, old, without a clue, even that I probably shouldn't even comment on this... but my guess as to which flyer you were referring is: Bisbee's Obscure Productions.

From your photos, Bisbee appears to be a very unique, memorable town.

Hugs & Kisses & Smiles, Greatgrandma M

Ed and Carrie, Tacoma, Washington said...

The prize goes to Shannon!.... It is the "have you seen this cat" flyer. They are very creative in Bisbee.

Anonymous said...

Now wait a minute... I agree the "CAT" flyer is very clever and it was even centered in your photo. I considered voting for it.
But, did you read EVERYTHING on the "BISBEE" OBSCURE PRODUCTIONS flyer? I questioned ..is this for real?? It sure surprised me.
Love, Greatgrandma M

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say . . . the cat poster was VERY interesting, clever and very Carrie & Eddy. (I know, Ed to everyone else, but he's Eddy to me). BUT, look at the other posters. Wasn't there one even MORE interesting??? I mean, well, really, a flexible and reliable vagina is pretty much a surprise request, and actually probably pretty much in demand. Just not for a stage performance, perhaps.

So I'd have to protest the prize going to "Have you seen this Cat" . . . even tho it was my initial choice, it is, in fact, not my final choice. (As in the . . . "Is that your final answer" mode.) Does this go to a vote?