Friday, July 17, 2009

Mud and Strawberries

Every summer the City of Scottsdale puts on an event called Mighty Mud Mania. The City turns the park that we walk around into a gigantic mud pit. There is a mud obstacle course, wading pools full of mud and mud slides. Afterwards, the fire department cleans the kids up by hosing them off. Dawn decided to be brave and take the daycare kids to it this year. The park is up the street from my work so I met them there so I could take some photos.


Owen, Dawn and her daughter testing out the mud.


Owen coming to the realization that he is not fond of mud in large quantities.


This is Owen giving the evil eye to a woman who was sitting behind him wearing a large, floppy hat. He is still not a fan of hats. The woman was sweet and when she realized he didn't like her hat, she took it off and put it out of view. The evil eye was soon replaced with a smile.


Instead of playing in the mud, Owen choose to sit in the shade and eat strawberries.


It was hot and messy, with tons of kids, and overall a great time. We will definitely go again next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the way Owen has his left arm around Dawn in that first picture. I remember him doing that with me while we were down there . . . he holds on really well, doesn't he?

Looks like a good time was had by all!

Rebecca Shirley, LMT said...

Oh my gosh....that looks like so much fun (um, for the kids I mean). Wish we had something like that up here....guess I'll just have to do it in my backyard.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed to see Owen's expression in the "I see someone wearing a hat, and I don't like it one bit" photo. Since the lady took the hat off, Owen's silent message came through loud and clear.
Love, Greatgrandma M