Thursday, August 27, 2009

16 Month Check-Up

Owen had his 16 month check-up today and was given a couple of shots. I think he is starting to remember past doctor visits because he was a scared and sad little boy at today's appointment. When he realized where he was, he wouldn't let go of me. When he saw the doctor, he started crying. Poor guy.

He is now 22 pounds (10th percentile) and 34 inches long (97th percentile). Tall and skinny, lucky kid. We talked about his muscle tone and his physical therapy. She was happy with his progress. Overall, he is a happy and healthy little boy.

I must mention that Owen pulled himself up for the first time this past weekend. We were so proud. Ed and I were in the kitchen and Ed started whispering "Carrie, Carrie... look at Owen!" I look over and sure enough, he had pulled himself up and was standing at the coffee table.

I had a rough week at work and to get me through it, I would picture Owen at the coffee table, his little legs shaking as he tried to hold himself up. It really helped to center me and to remember what mattered in life.


Friendly lookin' kid, wouldn't you say?

How could you not want to hang out with this guy?

3 comments:

Rebecca Shirley, LMT said...

Way to go Owen....standing up like a big boy! Before you know it Mom & Dad....you'll be chasing him all around the neighborhood! :-)

When ever I need a happy pick me up....just one look at that happy smile.....cheers me right up!

Anonymous said...

Pulling himself up!!! Okay, here are my words of advise. Take his height, add 6-12 inches and move everything breakable or that has dirt in it up!!
your welcome! locve ya! Great Aunt Maryann

PS or just station a camera somewhere because this should be good stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Owen's scary "Dr experience" made me sad, but the rest of the post was SO great!! ESPECIALLY the part about you seeing him standing on his own at the coffee table! WOW! How exciting!! I so wanted to give him lots of hugs and kisses right then and there! (Please do that for me, ok?)

With Love, Greatgrandma M