Thursday, July 3, 2008

Good Times with Family

We are having a wonderful time with Jen and Shannon.  It feels so natural to have them around and it has been great to catch up.  Ed and I take turns watching Owen while the other goes out and about with the girls.  Ed took them out to dinner to our favorite restaurant Cibo in downtown Phoenix.  (Houses converted to restaurants!)  I was able to go shopping with them.  I had decided since I am almost 30 and now a mom, I should start wearing a little make-up. Who better to buy make-up with then Jen and Shannon?  We had a great time raiding the Bobbi Brown counter and me trying on make-up while the girls critiqued.  Later Jen showed me the fine art of applying the make-up.  I will soon be a pro like her.

We are finding that Owen has a weak spot for Jen.   That and country music, much to his father's dismay. 


Jen and Shannon watched Owen one night so Ed and I could have date night.  So while Ed and I were relaxing at the pool doing some night swimming, Shannon and Jen fed Owen his bedtime bottle.  When we came back from swimming, Owen was peacefully asleep on Shannon's lap.  Ed and I used to go night swimming fairly frequently.  It is one of the perks of living in Arizona. You can swim at 10:00 at night and when you get out of the water it is still hot.  We had been missing it so it was great to have a chance to do it again.  

Today we are going over to Ellie and Dick's to barbeque and swim in their pool.  Jen and Shannon leave tomorrow (insert sad face here).  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yjiydI've been thinking, and maybe Owen thinks that Jen is his Grandma Bug. Really, when you think about it, he was pretty young when I was there, and he's already lived another whole lifetime since . . . so he probably can't quite recall exactly what I looked like. I'll bet he saw Jen and thought, "You know, she looked a lot older the last time I saw her, but I remember I really, really liked her!"

What d'ya think? :0)