Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Divergent Begging Tactics

After reviewing some photos we took of Owen sitting up, Carrie and I noticed that we each saw a photo with a look that would pretty much get Owen anything he wants. The interesting part is that they're completely different looks. Allow me to elaborate through demonstration.

Owen: Mom, can I have a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger?

Carrie: Sorry buddy, I don't think so.

Owen: But mom, it would make me a little sad not to have a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger and I promise it would mean so much to me to have it.

Carrie: Aww, okay, but just this once.

Now me.

Owen: Dad, can I have a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger?

Ed: No.

Owen: But dad, it would make me a little sad not to have a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger and I promise it would mean so much to me to have it.

(Insert previous photo here)

Ed: Sorry, dude, deal with it.

Owen: Okay, okay, what if I did an impression of an evil, yet slightly disillusioned puppy begging for a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger?

Ed: Well, you earned it.

4 comments:

Boat Grandpa said...

Congratulations to you all. You've hit the internal family power struggle nail on the head. And with amazingly accurate results. What a cutie!
Love, Dad

Tammy said...

Haha...that's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been laughing for two days about this one. I showed it to Connie yesterday (her computer isn't hooked up yet) and I thought she'd faint, she laughed so hard. I love looking at the pictures full size, too. His little frown is too cute, and his evil-puppy face is sooooo funny! You guys make everyones' day with these posting. :0) Love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to a lot of time Gary spent here, my new computer is "up and running". (lost the hard drive on my old one) So, I've enjoyed quite a few great new photos of Owen,... the last two,along with your captions,are PRICELESS! I enlarged the photos to see his expressions better, & I'm ROTFL!! This is such fun!!!
Hugs & kisses, Greatgrandma Miller