Thursday, September 25, 2008

Owen LOVES Sweet Potatoes

Carrie and I started giving Owen "realer" food the other day. This came in the form of sweet potatoes. If there's one thing I can say about Owen's opinion of this new food, it's this:

He loves it! Don't let the face fool you, he actually does get quite excited about eating baby food, it just takes him a second (or two) to get warmed up to the idea.

On another note, since I'm up before the sun these days, I took the opportunity to put the night photo class Carrie got me for Father's Day to good use. This is a picture of the sunrise off our porch that I left the shutter open for about a second on. I'm pretty happy with it, I kind of like how the power lines go through it and give a natural scene a sense of urbanization. The craziest thing about this picture is that the real (I guess lit) view off our deck kind of sucks in comparison. I'm gaining an appreciation for what you can do with photography.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen's expressions are so intense! It seems to me that when you look at his face it feels like you can almost read his mind. Like he is really savering all the new experiences. New food, new toys, new encounters... LIFE IS GOOD!!
Love, Great grandma M

Anonymous said...

Views always looks better at night or in the snow. Behind our last house was a scary barbed wire fence, but at night or when it was covered in snow it was a beautiful scene. What kind of camera do you use?