Sunday, March 8, 2009

200 And Counting

Carrie and I have been thinking about what we wanted to do for our 200th blog post and we decided to put up some of our favorite pictures that never made it on here. We put them in chronological order to show the different stages he's been in. The guy has changed a lot.

Also, we want to thank all of you who read our blog. I know it helps everyone stay in touch with what we're doing in our corner of the world, but it also helps us to know that so many people have gotten to know Owen a little despite the distance.

Without the encouragement we have received this blog probably wouldn't have made it very far, but now I can't imagine having it unavailable. 200 posts have come and gone pretty quickly so if you guys will keep eating 'em up, we'll keep cookin 'em.


This was not long after he was born. Oh the days when any one of us could have dropped off at any given point in time.


I think this was at about two or three months. Again, sleep seems to be the theme of the early months.


Maybe six months. This is when he was growing out of his spherical head.


This was right before Thanksgiving. I can't remember why I was dangling him upside down, but lets face it, it's never exactly necessary to dangle someone upside down. So I'm guessing it was for fun.


This one was a few weeks ago. This is one of the first times Owen got a top-down view of his toys and it looks like he was enjoying himself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed all the great captions about...and great photos of....people dear to my heart. It is an extraordinary journal of Owen's first year, with his Mom and Dad woven into the sequence of events. Someday when he is president, these records will be quite a find!
Love, Greatgrandma M

Anonymous said...

You know, I checked earlier today and there were no pictures posted at all . . . your description of who you guys are was there, and your heading, but none of the pictures were there. I thought maybe you were updating something. Glad I checked again! This was quite a treat to see him so small again, right up to his sitting up. I can see why these would have been some of your favorites. :0) Did you see Nala scoping out Owen while he and Eddy were asleep? And Carrie, the one with you kissing Owen. Loved it guys!

My fingers are crossed for a good night tonight.

Anonymous said...

This has been such an enjoyment at our house too. We love watching your family grow. Despite the miles between us, Owen is a daily part of our lives. Thanks for providing the next best thing to having you near. Love, Trina