Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Function Over Form

I think if there is one difference between Carrie and me it's that I tend to value function over form and Carrie tends to value form over function. I'll leave it to you to decide who was behind the purchase of Owen's new Bibbit brand bib.


Food misses mouth.


Food is recovered from pouch.


Food goes in the mouth.

Some may say this is one step closer to eating from a trough, others may argue that the kid doesn't have a lap full of noodles with red sauce when he's done eating anymore. Again, I'll let you decide who represents which philosophy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice choice Eddy.
Love, Dad

Rebecca Shirley, LMT said...

Oh the joys of exploring the new world around us (as a baby that is)!

New texture, taste, sounds, smells, sights....everything is so fun to explore! Thats why their world is so messy! And our world is so much work cleaning up their messes! The "fun" never ends....even 12yrs later. :-)

Anonymous said...

After serious consideration, I have to say this is a great idea. And Owen seems quite happy with the outcome of his efforts, too. Better and better!

Anonymous said...

Eddy, from your rhetoric here, I'm sure you bought the bib. Did you also arramge the photo shoot so it would look so darned cute? (and effective) UNFAIR to Carrie!!!
I had similar bibs for my 3 kids 50+ years ago. It was made of softer plastic and the pouch wasn't as big, or "open" enough to retrieve what slid in there... so, this bib idea has real merit.
Love, Greatgrandma M

Jason and Jen said...

I've seen these bibs in action and I am impressed (and maybe a little jealous). Imagine inconspicuously and, of course, inadvertantly saving your food for later. Long live the pocket bib! If you've seen the movie Wall-E, maybe the pocket bib will someday be worn by all. More importantly, very cute kid! -Jason

Anonymous said...

Okay, don't throw up because I'm writing yet again. I just HAVE TO say . . . well . . . look at his eyes. They are turning green! I now have proof, just look at his picture in Carrie's posting above this, see how very blue they are, and then look at these pictures.

They're turning green, aren't they? Wonder where he got those from!! :0)