Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Guess Who Made It Into The Society Pages

We got a text from our friend Susan last night saying that the transportation department needed people to show up at the Giants spring training complex this morning dressed in baseball garb. They were promoting the trolley that runs through Scottsdale and apparently makes a stop at the stadium. A local news crew was there to film us getting off the trolley excitedly and (off-camera) heading in the opposite direction of the entrance. Anyway, it was a good time and fun for me to meet some people who work for the city but not directly with Carrie. Here is a picture of us waiting for the cue to look like we're stoked to be going to a ballgame, but since it was a live feed, keen observers would undoubtedly notice that we were five and a half hours early to the game. I like to think that I gave the impression that we're just that die hard and not that we were doing a cheesy photo op.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff........Owen looks like he is taking in the particulars regarding the infield fly rule.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Well . . . . My-Oh-My . . . a new Mariners fan! There is nothing better than that!

Jeni & Jason sent a wonderful e-mail to me tonight, and I said the same thing. (I said, "There is nothing better than that!") Of course, they were talking about their beautiful new baby. But still . . . I must say . . . this is very good! How can it be better than to be a Mariners fan? There really is no way . . . .

So, love to all of you, I hope you REALLY enjoyed the day, and I love you, Mom (Grandma Bug)

Anonymous said...

I think he is trying to figure out why everyone isn't wearing Mariner outfits. You guys look good!!!