Friday, March 20, 2009

Five on Friday

Five little updates on Owen and memories I want to remember....

1. Owen is turning into a little chatty Cathy. He's conquered dada and is now onto 'gaga' and 'baba' and seems to be slowly easing into 'lala'. Sadly mama has dropped out of his vernacular but Nala has stayed. The cat officially beat me.

2. Owen has something he is incredibly scared of. No, it's not the vacuum or the garbage disposal, things you would think a baby would fear. Instead, he is scared of a baseball hat. If I try to wear it, he gets his big frown and starts crying. If I try to show him it's not scary by having him hold it, he starts screaming. He doesn't calm down until the hat is out of the room. It's too bad. It's a pretty cute hat. I would have enjoyed wearing it.

3. Owen was working with his physical therapist when he slowly started lowering his head to her hand. Noticing what he was about to do, Ed says "Watch out." Therapist says "Uh oh, is he going to bite?" Ed says "Nope, he's going to lick you." {{As Owen starts licking her hand.}} Therapist says "Hmmm... now that's kind of different."

After explaining that Owen has started rejecting foods he once really enjoyed, that he seems to like new spices and flavors, and that despite not liking people messing with his mouth, he really enjoys getting his teeth brushed, the therapist explained that Owen is a sensory thrill seeker.

4. He's started to pant like a dog. Literally he sticks out his tongue and pants. My kid is very cute and a little odd, which just so happens to describe my husband so I know where he got it.

5. Owen loves to play peek-a-boo. Absolutely loves it. Sometimes he will start playing it but not really tell you that he started the game. I'll be cleaning up and I will start to hear giggling. I look over and Owen is in his swing or high chair with a blanket over his head waiting for someone to say "Where's Owen?" I'm never sure how long he has been like that but I think sometimes it's for up to a minute. He seems to think it's hilarious that his silly parents take so long to "find" Owen.


And just because we can't post without a picture, here's an oldie but a goodie. Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was an incredibly interesting little up-date. I'm picturing him doing all these things. What a personality already! I can't wait to see him again, to hear him again, and to get to know this interesting little guy a little better. He seems to be quite a unique combination of both you and Eddy, with a bit of his own person thrown in to boot. :0)

I wonder what we all would have written down about our children, had we been writing down something almost every day. Just think of all the interesting sorts of things that happened over the years that simply has been forgotten.

Enjoy your weekend you guys . . . oh, and please tell Owen Grandma Bug can't wait to see him Wednesday night. We can play peek-a-boo!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Eddy & Carrie;
This is another "Up Close and Personal" at it's best... I think the photo at the end says:
I AM HERE!
I AM GOING TO BE DOING A LOT OF VERY COOL THINGS.
ARE YOU READY?
(and you sure are!!!)

Love n' hugs, Greatgrandma M

Unknown said...

New spices and flavors, that's a kid after my own heart.